Sunday, May 30, 2010

Angelica

Angelica Angelica
you are so divine!
Angelica Angelica
Won’t you please be mine?

I planted you a year ago
But you refused to grow!
What’s the gen, "what’s wrong with you”
I’d really like to know!

I thought you’d like a shaded spot
Sheltered from the cold
I imagined that you’d grow for me
Shiny, green and bold.

But you just sat there loafing!
Sitting still and quiet,
When springtime came around I thought
You need a better diet.

So I have now removed you
And put you in the sun,
I’ve planted you beside the parsley
So you both can have some fun.

I consulted with my herbal books
Of which I own just four
The first one said “plant in partial shade”
And that’s where you were before!

The second said “plant in shade or sun”
In the other two, there was no mention!
So I will leave you in the sun
At least, that’s my intention.

I’ve given you wormy water
It’s an organic tonic you know!
And now well I am hoping
You’ll get on with it and “grow”

I hope beside the parsley
You’ll thrive majestically!
But if you don’t then I will choose
A new plant Rose-ma-ry.

Written by Jannpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment