Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meatballs For Dinner Tonight

I’m cooking meatballs
Meatballs for dinner tonight
I’ll make up a sauce with tomatoes and mushrooms
It will be a tasty delight

I’ll season the meatballs and fry them
Till they turn a golden hue
Cut onions, mushrooms, and mix them
Toss these together too

And then a tin of tomatoes
The basis of the sauce
I’ll introduce tomato paste
Which will help to reinforce

That tangy tomato flavour
Just the thing for a cold winter’s night
I can smell the intoxicating aroma
In my nostrils as I write

I’ll add a dash of fresh pepper
To enliven and spice up the dish
And maybe a little chopped parsley
Sprinkled over the top with a swish

A sprig or two of Rosemary
Will ensure it tastes superb
I have it growing in a pot
This bright and shiny herb

I’ll place the meatballs in the sauce
In the oven on 350 degrees
And when the flavours have seeped right through
I may add a sprinkling of cheese

My mouth has started watering
To the kitchen I’ll have to dart
Time to make my recipe real
Cause food is close to my heart


Copyright Jann Rau
www.personalisedpoetry.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment