Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lost The Sock & The Plot!

Fisher & Paykel hit the nail on the head with their ad recently or did they really. The one thing I remember about the ad is, Yep you guessed it. Where do all those socks really go? It is obviously a universal issue or Fisher & Paykel wouldn't have used it in their tv advertising. I contemplated this issue and came up with the following.

Where Do All The Good Socks Go?
I went to do the washing
just the other day
as I scrabbled through the basket
I heard a voice inside me say

Where has the other sock gone?
You see I hang them out in pairs
I rummaged through the basket
Picked up my husbands flares

I searched inside the leg
as I so often do
The sock alas was missing
Gone! I mean shot through

But wait! there's something hiding
underneath his underpants
And it's made of black material
But no, it's just me scants

I decided to hang out all the socks
So I could eliminate
Those ones that, just don't look right
Then find the perfect mate

I found an extremely long one
then one extremely short
How do they dissapear
Is it some kind of sport

Perhaps they are in sock heaven
laughing from above
Or in another basket
mingling with a ladylove

I could employ a sniffer dog
that may solve the situation
In fact the more I think of it
It could solve this operation.

Footnote:
Ad For Dog
Wanted Sniffer Dog
must enjoy sniffing gross manky socks
must be able to recognise odd socks and place into pairs
Good Renumeration in doggy biscuits to the hound with excellent abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment